Hello IICACC Supporters!
Spring is finally coming back to the Treasure Valley and with it we have several events planned and some fundraisers, so get your calendars out and note the following dates! Be sure to LIKE and visit our Facebook page for current news, updates, and events.
Upcoming Events and Fundraisers:
April 19th The IICACC team is Riding to Break the Cycle of Child Abuse. 103.5 is hosting their annual cycling event for child abuse prevention month starting April 14-21.
April 28th Silver Sage Girl Scouts Conference, Vic Dominguez will speak at this workshop and our team will have a booth there talk with parents about internet safety.
May 3rd Idaho Gives will be starting an online Donation event for various charities including IICACC. We will have a booth downtown located in the Basque block. Watch for further details! Click Here to Donate!
May 9th Growing Up in The Digital Age – ScreenAgers Movie Screening at The Boise Library at 6pm. Our IICACC Board President will be present for Q&A after the movie.
May 23rd IICACC will be Hosting a BUNCO fundraiser at the MaxGiving HQ, stay tuned for further details.
June 1st IICACC will have a booth at the Meridian Library District’s event MLD Summer Reading Kickoff, being held at Settler’s Park in Meridian 5pm-9pm. And IICACC is staying for the first Free Movie night in the Park, featuring the movie Leap!
June 2nd IICACC will be at Chipotle at 2126 N Eagle Rd 4pm-8pm. Bring your family and have dinner with us. Be sure to bring in the flyer on our Facebook event page to have your donation count for IICACC.
Did you know you can shop and donate to IICACC at the same time?
- Shop at amazon.com, to donate to IICACC set your charity preferences for Idaho Internet Crimes Against Children Coalition and a small amount will be donated each time you order.
- Shop at Fred Meyer and every time you use your rewards card to shop Kroger products, a small amount will be donated to IICACC. To set up IICACC up as your charity of preference, go to fredmeyer.com > Menu > Fred Meyer Community Rewards > Re-enroll or link your Rewards Card Now, then select IICACC as your charity. The donation does not take away from your personal points and credits but is in addition to that.
What are my donated dollars to IICACC used for?
- Presentation printing materials and venue payments
- Community events:
- Swag in the form of marketing materials
- Updated Informative handouts
- Venue costs and payments
- Event insurance, when needed
- Additional vendor contracts needed depending on event type
- ICACC Police Items – We have recently donated to the Idaho State Police Cyber Crimes Unit money to buy software to help their Forensics team get into files on cell phones and computers. This software will help in the prosecution of all types of cases, especially child pornography.
The Board also had the honor of meeting and listening to Assistant Attorney General Justin Whatcott, to a short presentation about federal prosecution of sex crimes against minors. Thank you, Justin, for the excellent information.